Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Reconciliation Specialist – Jumia Pay
Job Type: Full Time
- Jumia Pay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively.
- You will be responsible for the reconciliation and settlement activities within JumiaPay, facilitate complete and accurate processing of settlement figures for all transactions/products by ensuring that required due diligence is performed.
In particular, you will:
- Ensure daily reconciliation of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports to the AR Manager
- Keep record of the relevant KPI’s for the businesses Analysis and reporting of settlement/payment activities to the AR Manager
- Documentation of processes, procedures, resolution guides etc. for the reconciliation department
- Continually evaluate and recommend best practice business process throughout payment value chain
- Support each bank E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation issues
- Liaise with Bank Settlement team to ensure reconciled funds are transferred
- Monitor the income/fees’ reconciliation with Settlement banks, NIBSS and other clients and ensuring value is transferred to the company account’s promptly
- Perform daily/weekly analysis of bill payment data: Trends, failure rates etc and extract Business Intelligence from payment data
- Develop and maintain business relations with NIBBS, value card (Visa, MasterCard etc), unified payments, Interswitch, and JumiaPay settlement banks
- Ensure daily reconciliation of and correct postings of all cards and other electronic channels transactions
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment reports
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in or higher preferably in Accounting or other discipline in Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in Cards/Mobile/FinTech company, fully integrated in all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process
- Detailed understanding of the operational aspects of payment cards, mobile payments and banking industry
- Previous experience within a Reconciliation, Settlement or Middle Office environment
- Excellent documentation skills and use of collaboration tools
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and Nestedifs formulas).
- Ability to interpret Financial Data from various systems and in various format.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page