We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Support (PSS) Team Leader
Location: Initial Assignment – Ngala, Borno
Reporting to: Protection Coordinator, GBV – PSS Team Leader, Project Manager
Collaborations: Health and Nutrition team, GBV case workers, Protection Coordibator
Status: Full time
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Starting date: As soon as possible
- INTERSOS Nigeria is recruiting for a national PSS Team Leader in Borno State.
- The PSS Team Leader is responsible for ensuring excellent organization and coordination of all PSS activities implemented within the Community Centre (CC) and at the field level in the geographical area of implementation.
- The CC provides information, counselling, vocational training, meetings and recreational activities taking place in the space.
- The PSS Team Leader will immediately report sensitive information gathered in the centers to the psychologist for proper case management and assist in following on survivors to remind them on next visit schedules.
- Objective: To improve the protective environment of the most vulnerable IDPs and conflict-affected population through provision of GBV prevention and response activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Counselling vulnerable people
- Set up, organize and manage the CC
- Set up and manage the individual and group counselling session
- Train staff and volunteers in PFA and basic PSS support
- Liaison with other PSS Team Leader and cooperate
- Establish referral path to specialized MHPSS services
- Organize the Women friendly space for regular weekly women meetings and recreation activities
- Organize group counselling according to gender and age
- Organize recreational activities for survivor groups
- Welcome each survivor accessing the space and make her feel comfortable
- Provide confidential and safe space for survivors accessing the space.
- Identifying vulnerable women, men and children and trying to understand the reasons or causes of their vulnerability
- Provide follow-up reminders to survivors about return visits for health, psychosocial ect.
- Attend trainings as requested by INTERSOS
- Ensure that the women Friendly space is accessible to survivors or women in need at all times.
- Support INTERSOS in developing training materials
- Attend if necessary, INGO meetings and MHPSS WG meetings.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Psychology or Social Work
- Trained in PFA, CBT, and other counselling methods
- Trained in Protection and GBV response
- At least 3 year experience working as a psychologist or social worker
- Good knowledge of the IASC MHPSS guidelines
- Good knowledge about stress management and self-care and able to teach it
- Able to train people in MHPSS, PFA and CBT
- Ability to respect the dignity of people of concerns especially GBV survivors
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good knowledge in using MS Office
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri or any other language spoken in Borno state is a plus.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.