PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a leading Manufacturing company in West Africa, rapidly expanding to sub-saharan Africa. The company’s focus is to bring value to all stakeholders through the best use of their resources and skills to improve every area of their business.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical and Maintenance Supervisor
Reference Number: 130-PEO01004
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day maintenance of all mechanical, and engineering equipment in the organization.
- Develops and ensures the implementation of maintenance policy and procedures for Front End process equipment
- Coordinates the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance (preventive and corrective) for all equipment involved in Front End production process. E.g. Body Maker, Cupper, Trimmers, Washers, Bailer, etc.
- Contracts maintenance work that is beyond the scope/capability of the Maintenance unit. This includes defining the work scope, soliciting bids from vendors and vendor selection.
- Supports the tools procurement process by recommending spare parts and required tools that will ensure effective maintenance activities
- Interprets drawings, calculates, and determines indices, tapers, and other dimensions
- Promotes safety culture in the team, ensures required training, PPE and safety tools are provided by the HSE department and all safety regulations are observed in order to ensure safe maintenance activities
- Provides on-the-job coaching and mentoring to Front End Maintenance and Tool Room employees
- Prioritises and assign tasks to subordinates to ensure effective workflow
- Reviews/inspects work carried out by subordinates, and evaluates their performance
- Minimum of a First Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Advanced skills (Journeyman / Trade Certificate level) required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, 5 of which must be in a maintenance role within the manufacturing industry
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out mechanical maintenance.
- Experience with basic machining functions such as turning, threading, boring, grinding, cutting, sanding, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Instruments and Equipment Operations
- A good understanding of Engineering diagrams
- Good knowledge of HSE Regulations and Procedures
- Manufacturing Operations
- Root Cause Analysis
- Tooling Operations
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page