PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is part of a premium financial services group in the insurance sector that provides a broad spectrum of investment, savings and insurance products and solutions to retail and corporate customers. These solutions are tailored to meet unique individual and corporate client’s circumstances. To support the existing board and the organisation to deliver against its key priorities.
We are looking for an astute professional to join our team as:
Job Title: Managing Director (MD)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00977
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The MD/CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the board of directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- This role reports to the Chairman of the Board and the Group CEO, West Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic direction of the overall business, including all operational components of Finance, HR, Risk, IT, Programme Office and Compliance.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the long term 3yr+ business plan.
- Manages the profitability of the business (bottom line responsibility).
- Develops overall distribution growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets for the different channels that result in increased sales and improved operating efficiencies.
- Creates a sustainable channel economic model that incorporates the regulatory framework and is based on delivering products that are relevant to customer needs and competitive in the market place.
- Ensures the financial viability of all segments in the Non – Life Company.
- Ensures efficient Non – Life Company operations that deliver customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensures development of new business initiatives that deliver new sources of customers and revenue.
- Analyses risks and comes up with strategies for managing them and ensuring that assets of the Non – Life Company are adequately safeguarded and maintained.
- Ensures capable management succession as well as progressive employee training and development programs.
- Ensures that capability and synergy exists within each channel and segment to manage key external client relationships in order to enhance distribution reach.
- Responsible for fostering a culture that promotes customer focus, ethical practices, integrity, a positive work climate and high performance – enabling the business to attract, retain and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Engages and manages all relevant stakeholders continuously, i.e. internal and external.
- Manages risk and compliance.
- Manages external relationships and influences industry bodies.
Key Result Areas:
- Governance & Compliance
- Strategy Implementation
- Functional Effectiveness
- Investment Performance Measurement
- Stakeholder Management.
- Must have a first degree and an MBA or M.Sc in any discipline
- Certifications from at least 2 Executive Business Programmes
- Must be a registered member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria
- Membership with the Chartered Insurance Institute of the UK or any other recognised professional qualification in Insurance is an added advantage
- At least ten (10) years working experience in the insurance industry, with a minimum of seven (7) at senior management level or at least fifteen (15) years working experience, with a minimum of ten (10) at senior management level in a Technical Department of an Insurance or Reinsurance Company
- Relevant work experience in a multinational or international company
- International work experience and/or exposure is an advantage
- Experience in one of the top five (5) Composite Insurance Companies in Nigeria at a management or senior management level
- Good knowledge of the Insurance industry in Nigeria
- Experience and skills in Business Development and Marketing
- Experience in presenting at Board meetings and liaising with Directors
Skills & Competencies:
- Presentation skills; Financial Analysis; Technical Insurance (Claims, Underwriting and Re-insurance); Excellent Communication skills; Excellent business acumen; Strong leadership abilities; Goal oriented; Energetic and agile personality; Able to deal with new and difficult situations easily; High level of maturity; Mentorship skills; High level network
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of sections 12, 13 & 14 of the Nigeria Insurance Act of 2003, must not be convicted of any offence involving dishonesty or fraud or guilty of serious misconduct.
- If any of the statements in sections 12, 13 & 14 of the Nigeria Insurance Act of 2003 apply, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide relevant details.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page