The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Start Date: 1st April, 2019
Duration: 1 year
- The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Scope of Work:
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support: Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support: Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management: Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory: This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance: Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects: Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
Key Working Relationships:
- This position reports to IT Officer
- This position manages no staff
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2-years of relevant experience with NGOs or international organizations
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 7, MS Office 2013, Sophos Anti Virus,Routers.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN , VSAT [c and Ku band], VSAT installer certification preferred
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page