The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Technical Assistant
Ref. nr.: 3996546053
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Contract
Start date: 01/01/2019
End date: 31/12/2019
Project Summary/Job Description
- NRC is looking for an ICLA Technical Assistant for our sub-field office in Damasak in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Technical Assistant is the day to day implementation of ICLA programme activities in Damasak sub-field office.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The ICLA Technical Assistant reports to the ICLA Officer.
- Assist in the direct Implementation of legal and civil identity activities; HLP activities and CDR activities in particular the information and counselling sessions, legal assistance and capacity building trainings
- Assist In the documentation of project achievements and deliverables including compiling periodic reports
- Contribute in the development of training materials and information dissemination materials adapted to the location and context
- Engage in community mobilization and beneficiary engagement
- Provide updates and contribute to an updated M& E system in the country
- Integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities during ICLA project implementation
- University Degree in Law or Social Sciences from a recognized Nigerian university, a thorough knowledge of the application of Nigerian law in displacement context
- Work experience in the field of law (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies) and humanitarian protection. Preferably experience in working with displaced populations.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri in one or more of the national/regional languages. Kanuri speaking candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Education title: University Degree in Law from a recognized Nigerian University
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- Highest standards of ethnics and integrity
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
- Duty station: Damasak, Brono State with frequent travels. Travel outside Damasak is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page