Job Title: HR Officer ( Nationals Only)
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States. The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated Health and Nutrition services, Reproductive Health care and Women Protection services, Environmental Health, Child Protection, Economic Recovery and Development, Education and General Protection. In 2015, IRC Nigeria developed a five-year long term Strategy Action Plan: The plan has Health, Education and Economic Well being as high priority program areas.
Scope of Work:
The Human Resources officer will be responsible in all HR matters, functions and general office management of the IRC office in Monguno, and to assist the HR Manager & the HR Lead in all related HR & Admin functions
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure compliance to hiring policies and procedures.
- Support in the recruitment cycle, along with our recruitment team
- Facilitate and Support the HR team in conducting the HR orientation for all new staff (national & international).
- Manage staff contracts and all personal files, & track the new hires on boarding, this includes file all their new paper works in both personal & E personal files.
- Liaise with the hiring managers in regards to staff contracts, paper work, ATCs & all other documents related to the new hires
- Compile and submit updated IRC Monguno contact List by the 1st of every month.
- Follow up on employee’s benefits; health insurance, life insurance, & social security.
- Maintain knowledge of international & national staff entitlements and benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record, and follow up on leaves for all staff, make sure that everything is reflected on the report.
- Make sure to collect the timesheet for all staff on a timely manner.
- Maintain tracking for the IRC staff emails, and coordinate with IT department for any new updates in this regard.
- Make sure to follow up correctly on the exit process following the IRC internal manual & practice for all employees, and release the final settlement and other paper work to Finance department on a timely manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times
- Perform other job related tasks as requested by the HR Manager and HR Lead
Key working relationships:
- Position Reports directly: HR Manager
- Position supervises: Admin Assistant
- University Degree in management, human resources, administration or related fields.
- Approximately 2-4years of professional experience in Administration/Office Management
- Previous experience with Human Resources generalist.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Team work skills
This post will be based in Monguno Office
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page