Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations Manager
Job type: Full Time
- You will be responsible for managing comprehensive general accounting, management accounting and reporting.
- Also, you will drive standardization, ensuring financial outputs and service delivery are not only maintained to a high standard but improved, to increase efficiency within the team and forge strong working relationships across the organisation.
In particular you will:
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key strategic business decisions
- Lead settlements and clearance of financial transactions
- Effectively partner with finance partners to design user-friendly reports to meet the needs of the business and enable greater business insight and more effective analysis and decision support
- Work with Ops vendors to ensure timely execution and accurate reporting
- Set up risk management policies, procedures and parameters; responsible for staff training and communication; audit on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- Develop relationships with management to gain a deep understanding of the business and identify opportunities to influence business decisions
- Lead the implementation of new finance related projects
- Oversee effective reconciliation of partner balance between Operations systems and Accounting systems
- Design new processes and controls for growing business activities.
- Develop and execute financial planning processes for expense areas
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
- Proven ability to influence finance and non-finance teams through a mixed set of finance skills (commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations)
- Must have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills; with the ability to work with cross functional teams and senior management
- Experience of analyzing large volumes of data
- Expertise in SQL, PowerPivot & Excel
- Ability to communicate data-based decisions to individual contributors as well as leadership. You can articulate clearly and defend your decision-making processes.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page