Aldelia Group is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions services, a specialist Oil & Gas, Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria, our major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
- The Field Engineer shall become familiar with aspects of the assigned vessel installation systems and techniques.
- The Field Engineer provides assistance to the project in preparation of the project execution onboard the vessel, check the equipment before and during the mobilization.
- The Field Engineer will support the offshore operations and ensure that construction activities are performed in accordance with procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reporting to the OM, the engineer may also be required to assist the Chief Engineer in undertaking engineering tasks for ship/equipment modifications/repairs/upgrades.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- To become familiar with the vessels capability and ensure engineering documentation and drawings appropriate to the vessel systems are maintained on board to reflect the current status of the vessel.
- To identify problem areas on aspects of the systems for improvement to increase the efficiency of the installation processes.
- Ensure a comprehensive logbook during the project work is maintained to assist handover between shifts, handover between replacements and in compilation of as-built books.
- Identifying improvements to the engineering process.
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Provide technical interface between the Project, Construction and Marine personnel on the vessel.
- Give direct operational guidance to deck, equipment, ROV and services personnel.
- Recommend new work methods to improve safety and/or efficiency.
- Provide operational input to onshore project teams throughout the onshore phase of projects.
- Participate in project HAZID’s and HAZOP’s when available.
- Participate in review of offshore procedures and feedback to project engineers onshore.
- Promote safety culture and initiatives to the construction crew throughout all offshore activities.
- Inspection of construction equipment and reporting potential problems to the appropriate discipline leads.
- Other tasks as assigned by OM, commensurate with individuals experience, skills and capabilities.
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints.
- Show high technical competence in key discipline areas.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2019.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page