Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a Healthcare company with a 5 star facility headquartered in Port Harcourt. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to hire a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The COO reports to the corporations’ Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).
- The COO shall have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to-day operations of the business of the Corporation and its subsidiaries in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, primary responsibilities of the COO are to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the business of Corporation;
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer (the “CEO”), an annual operating plan that supports the Corporations’ long term operations strategy;
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long term business strategies of the corporation;
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the corporation’s achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry;
- Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the corporations towards the achievement of its established goals and all of material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by Board;
- With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development;
- Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the corporations and oversee compliance with those practices;
- Be available to brief the CEO on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the Board;
- As requested by the Board, attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging its duties;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and servicing and encourages individual integrity;
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining ad motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels;
- Coordinate the sustainable strategy of the corporation;
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the corporation’s business within operation ( proposals, projects and staffing);
- Ensure there is an effective succession plan in place for the COO position and other key executives of the corporation reporting to the COO;
- Assist the CEO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure;
- Evaluate the performance of senior executives of the corporations reporting to the COO, and
- Performing other functions related to the office of the COO or as may be request by the CEO or the Board;
- First Degree in any discipline and post graduate degree.
- Experience in Medical/Health administration is desired, but not compulsory.
- 15 years + post graduate practice.
- MBA is an added advantage.
Employee Special Traits, Skills and Experience:
- Strong ability to lead and manage executive management team.
- Strong ability to develop new business-a rainmaker.
- Understand business concept in managing patient care.
- Bend the cost curve and effect operational control.
- Visionary leadership.
- Sound decision and problem solving abilities.
- Must be proactive.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page