MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Infrastructure (Supervisory)
- Develop, document and oversee the life cycle and maintenance of IT infrastructure components, including servers, database, backup, storage, and systems management components for MTNN in accordance with standard design specifications.
- Support all IT Infrastructure initiatives directly impacting Capex capitalization and OPEX Cost optimization
- Create and direct adequate monitoring and alerting for complex virtual clusters (VMware, Hyper-V, Oracle Linux KVM) , physical server, database, storage, backup infrastructure to detect anomalies and prevent service disruptions to the greatest degree possible
- Identify ways to streamline IT Infrastructure architecture documentation and align them to international best practice.
- Coordinate, manage and conduct research studies around Hadoop Database, MongoDB, Exchange, Oracle Database, Backup, Microsoft business suites.
- Leverage ITIL technics to identify potential Infrastructure incidents and provide proactive and reactive solutions to mitigate disruption to services.
- Assist in maintaining Infrastructure software license compliance across servers (Physical/virtual), database, backup, storage, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory report for all IT Infrastructure assets (servers, storage database, backup etc.)
- Provide knowledge transfer to the IT Operations team by proactively bringing awareness of new IT Infrastructure changes, future roadmap initiatives and provide procedural documentation
- Analyze IT Infrastructure needs from business units and deliver solutions for an integrated global IT infrastructure environment
- Lead interactions with partners and service providers to foster strong relationship and troubleshoot major issues, determine adequate support levels, and evaluates new offerings
- Monitor vendors and build progress until delivery
- Uses expertise in overall infrastructure architecture to provide enhancements to existing products across server, backup, storage, database as well as direction for future capabilities
- Leads specific IT Infrastructure projects including the design, justification, and implementation of new technologies.
- Build relationships with business units and teams to uphold the MTN brand
- Develop an understanding of Infrastructure requirements and ensure Project “delivery” and “Quality” Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Liaise with vendors/business team for pilot execution and proof of concept.
- Complete an analysis of business unit requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure, and drive implementation.
- Articulate and discuss IT Infrastructure requirements with other project team members
- Effectively manage stakeholders on the Infrastructure design approach for their requests
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- 3-7 years’ experience which must include:
- Hands-on across server, operating system, storage and system management products
- Strong experience working in a complex Infrastructure environment
- Strong experience in infrastructure architecture, data centers, servers, Database, Backup, Storage, SAN Switch and networks
- Experience with emerging technology, such as cloud computing, desktop virtualization, Hadoop, Mongo DB and Unified communications
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Visio)
- Process analysis
- B.Sc, BTech, BEng or HND
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2018.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply On Next Page